|The Family Business|
|Season 2, Episode 5|
|Air date||November 11, 2006|
|Written by||Alexx Van Dyne|
|Directed by||Clint Taylor|
The Heir Up There
The Family Business is the fifth episode of the second season.
After the Loonatics' mission on stopping Toby the Pizza Boy possessed by a Bio-Tech Brain Parasite device, Rev Runner's family comes to visit when they want Rev to take over the family business. Rev begs Tech to help him make his father proud.
Meanwhile, Rev's father shows so much attention to him that his younger brother Rip, the oddball of the family, shows extreme jealousy towards his brother for being the fmaily favorite as well as super hero. When Rip finds the confiscated Bio-Tech Brain Parasite, it takes control of him and acts on his dark feelings of rage and jealousy towards Rev, and the Loonatics must stop him.
- Rev's Family is met
- Ace Bunny
- Lexi Bunny
- Danger Duck
- Slam Tasmanian
- Tech E. Coyote
- Rev Runner
- Rip Runner
- Harriet "Ma" Runner
- Ralph "Pa" Runner
- Misty Breeze (cameo)
- This is one of the few episodes without Zadavia
- This is the first and only time anyone's family has been introduced in the show.
- Tech falling off the cliff numerous times is a refrence to the running gag in Looney Tunes shorts where Wile E. Coyote falls off a cliff.
- The monster Rev leaves to help the team fight looks just like a Fuz-Z.
[After seeing Rev's family and them speaking, and eating pizza]
- Danger Duck: "Ahhhh! My Brain is melting! There's a whole family of them! I'm checking into a hotel."
[When Rip is on a rampage]
- Ace Bunny: Little brother, you need to chill: try some yoga!
[Rev is tinkering with the Robo Amigo]
- Rip Runner: Adults don't need a Robo Amigo. Pa should sell it to kids.
- Ralph Runner: [Pats Rip's head] Rip, stop bothering your brother. Can't you see he's doing important work? [Looks to Rev] Now, how's my genius with a wrench doing?
[Robo Amigo comes alive]
- Robo: I can make anything fun.
- Ralph: Whoa-yeah!
[Robo proceeds to explode]
- Rev: [Sigh] Well, still a few bugs technically-wise, but marketing-wise how about we sell him to kids instead of adults?
- Ralph: Why th-th-th-th-that's brilliant!
- Rip: Hey, what am I? Invisible?
- Ralph: It doesn't feel right, him being here. Even if he's a vegetarian.
- Rev: Well, he just wants to learn from the best. Right, Tech? [awkward laugh]
- Tech: That's right. [sly look] And the best is definitely in the room.
[Rev sweats with a nervous grin]
- Ralph: [smug look] Well, I'm glad to see a coyote who knows he's limitations.
- Duck: Oh yeah, making toys for rugrats. What are you, a crime fighter or one of Santa's elves?
[Tech walks into his lab, dragging Rev in, who is attached to his leg]
- Rev: Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please! Don't make me beg!
- Tech: [deadpanned] Uh, you are begging.
- Rev: Then please make me stop.
- Rev: Ah, thanks, Tech. If you weren't a coyote, and a guy, I'd kiss you!
- Tech: Then lucky for me, I'm both.
[Rip enlarges another Robo Amigo]
- Rip: Double the destruction, double the fun! Haha!
- Rev: [Gasps] Oh no! The situation was bad enough with one amigo. Now there are two!
- Tech: Okay, that's a challenge.