|Attack of the Fuzz Balls|
|Season 1, Episode 2|
|Air date||September 24, 2005|
|Written by||Brian Swenlin|
|Directed by||Curt Walstead|
Loonatics on Ice
The Cloak of Black Velvet
Attack Of The Fuzz Balls is the second episode of the first season.
The planet is in the grip of Fuz-Z mania when a cute little creature becomes one of the most popular pets in Acmetropolis thanks to Professor Zane, who says that he found them shortly after the meteor strike. The pets become so popular that even Lexi gets one for herself. Then the team is called on a mission by Zadavia. Apparently a giant spider monster has attacked an innocent family.
When the Loonatics show up to fight the monster it disappears under the bridge. Upon further inspection Danger finds a fuzz ball thing. He names it Wonder Fluff and he places it in his jetpack. Lexi’s "Fuzz" hops in to. When Danger tells the team the he has chocolate in his backpack, it explodes and out comes the two Fuzzes- but they are the giant spider things attacking the city! After some fighting the effect wears off and Zadavia tells them that the need to split up to collect all the Fuzzes in the city, while the others track down the scientist behind the Fuzz creation.
Ace, Slam, Tech, and Rev collect the Fuzzes while Lexi and Danger check on the scientist. Lexi and Danger find out that the scientist made sure that all the Fuzzes became those spider creatures once they eat chocolate. Ace gets concerned when neither Lexi or Danger answer their com links, so the round up gang goes to check it out. After an intense fight scene, the Loonatics use the only machine that can return the Fuzzes to normal. Finally, the Loonatics return the Fuzzes to the center of the earth, where they came from, and Zadavia says that the Loonatics can have the day off.
- The biopets are introduced
- This is the first time we see Tech's magnetic powers.
- Ace Bunny
- Lexi Bunny
- Danger Duck
- Tech E. Coyote
- Slam Tasmanian
- Rev Runner
- Professor Zane
- When Ace is talking to Zadavia on the billboard, you can not see his strap from his jetpack.
- This is the first appearance of Professor Zane and the Biopets.
- Tech's inventions:
- X-O Vac 2400-X
- The Fuz-Z's are similar to gremlins from the 1984 film Gremlins in that that requre something in order to change.
- However, the gremlins requirements to change was more complicated with them becomming evil by; water, food after midnight, and bright light.
- Ace: Of course, you realise that this means war!
- Lexi: Uh, there's a party going on in your backpack, Duck.
- Lexi: Professor Zane? You may not be aware of this, but your life might be in danger! It's about your bio-pets; we have reason to believe that they're very- [Lexi gets cut off by the appearance of three mutated Fuz-Zs]
- Duck: Sounds like someone's mommy didn't give them enough chockies when they were little!
- Professor Zhane: It's feeding time!
- Duck: I salute you, Wonderfluff! You've been a brave soldier. I also fear you; but let's not go into that right now.